Sunday, July 6, 2008

Hi, Auntie Di...



Had a nice visit with Auntie Godmother Di and family, and hiked up to the top of Mt. Tamalpais to a really cool inn, where you can stay overnight if you book a cabin. Auntie Di says she's going to make Mom hike up there -- I think she would love it.

Saw the girls, of course. Isobel is very grown up, of course (shown here with rabbit...I can't remember the rabbit's name, but he was much nicer than Bronco).






I met Nunu for the first time and she, too, wants to keep up with everything all the older people are doing (shown here running downhill with great gusto).




Their house is not enormous, but very nice, with lots of sunlight and in an incredible location -- right on Panoramic drive, where the treeline divides Mt. Tamalpais from Muir Woods. I've hiked just past their house on my trips here in the past. This is the view from their deck -- that's Tiburon and the Bay...




On the road below, there are banks of the most prolific blackberry bushes I've ever seen...and we picked about a bushel. I've got a quart or so, packed in a jar...but as it's already turning to jam, I might not be able to risk it in the airplane. I might have to eat them all!

Auntie Di gives Mom a great big kiss, and looks forward to entertaining her later this year.


No comments: